Friday, August 15, 2008

August 2008 - So far...





First Day of School!
This year Kate started First Grade and Dean started Pre-K (K4) - Both at Arbor Springs. It has been a rocky start but I think that both are going to do great.


















Tri, tri, tri again!


Since the April posting this will have been my 4th tri -- I'm officially addicted. I love it. I am slowly (very slowly) improving and will be doing two more before the end of the year, plus a half marathon on Thanksgiving. I am already looking to 2009 and what I hope to accomplish.


MIA UPDATE!


Yes, Mia is still with us. We had a few shaky weeks of destruction but she has managed to stick around. She has gotten quite big and is now fairly well behaved. I have started running with her - which I hope will help get rid of some of her excess energy. We love our girl and I hope that she is here to stay.


Mia loves her leash.

And, MOST IMPORTANTLY...

In the process of FINALLY updating my blog I found this treasure on my camera -- taken just days ago I presume b/c the kids just started back to school last week and it was taken since then. What was that word?? Oh yeah - MEN.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my goodness!!!! I can't believe you finally posted. After 5 months...you go girl! I haven't read the rest of the posts yet...so I'm off to update myself on the Home of the Wise! :)

Anonymous said...

Love all the posts and love the pictures at Jekyll. You'll have to show me more! My monkeys are gowing so fast and I am missing them. Time for a sleep over as soon as the major construction is done.

Mandy said...

Wow - lots to catch up on! Looks like a great summer with lots of great pictures! Hey - how did you mount those pics on your wall behind the kiddos in your house? Looking for something in their bathroom w/ beach pics....Anyways, you should come here in December - I'm going to run the St. Jude's half marathon then. I'm glad you're having so much fun doing this! Way to go! Hope the kids are still having a good year so far. Maybe I'll see you guys this next weekend.

Jodi Brinkley said...

FINALLY! I've been wondering if the blog world would here from you again. All the pics are terrific. Mia is huge. The kids are beautiful. You rock in the tris, and I presume Todd is the goober who is the video game king. Glad you're back.

Shannon said...

So great to see all the pictures and get caught up on your summer! I love all the shots of the kids together and yes, they have personality!! Congrats on the tri's, I'll just stick to my other sports to avoid the running!! hehe!!